Attention: room and date changed. The lecture now takes place on tuesday, 2 to 4 pm, in Ludwigstr. 28 / RG, room 027. The tutorial is moved to thursday, 10 to 12, in M 207, Hauptgebäude.
Applied Labour Economics
- Lecture and Tutorial (each two-hourly)
- The course is taught in English
- The aim of this course is to provide you with the foundation to understand the core issues in labour economics and family economics.
Comprehensive course outline (PDF, 24kb)
When and Where?
- Lecture (Prof. H. Rainer): Tuesday 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.; Ludwigstr. 28 / RG, Room 027; Start: 20.04.2010.
- Tutorial (W. Geis and T. Hener): Thursday 10:00 - 12:00; HGB; Room: M 207; Start: 22.04.2010.
- Exam: Friday 30.7.2010, 8:30 - 10:30am, Rooms E004 and M114
- John F. Ermisch, An Economic Analysis of the Family, Princeton University Press.
- Pierre Cahuc and Andre Zylberberg, Labor Economics, MIT Press.
- Ronal G. Ehrenberg and Robert S. Smith, Modern Labor Economics: Theory and Public Policy, Pearson.
Lecture Notes by Topics